Job descriptions are not meant to be all-inclusive and/or the job itself is subject to change. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development and design of in-house software systems and applications
- Plans programs by studying specifications
- Arranges specifications by developing logical sequence; preparing flowcharts; researching solutions.
- Encodes specifications by converting logical sequence and workflow into program language.
- Verifies encoding by performing trial runs; modifying code.
- Prepares program reference by documenting control language (SQL, C#, C++, etc.)
- Expertise in current computer hardware and software
- Ability to use one or more development language (C++, Java, C#, PHP, HTML, etc.)
- Displays technical knowledge of Android and/or iOS operating systems
- Advances job knowledge to next level by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, etc.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed..
- Maintains and applies knowledge of current trends, practices and developments in health care information technology to the benefit of the organization.
- Contributes in the data integrity, governance, and data structure standards and policies.
- Must abide to all HIPAA, Confidentiality and Privacy laws.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibilities and requirements of the job; not limited by this job description.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong skills in C#, Java, and/or C++ and other comparable software development tools.
- Strong knowledge of data, data objects, data structure, SQL, and industry standards.
- Analytical and advanced problem solving strategies.
- A working knowledge of industry coding (revenue codes, ICD 9/ICD10 classifications, CPT codes, etc.).
- Minimum level computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment: Advanced.
- Strong internet research capabilities.
- Bi- or Multi- lingual skills (written and verbal): A Plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Report Writing
- Problem Solving
- Systems/Workflows/General IT
- People Skills
- Assertive / Reliable
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Safety and Security – Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical consideration related to patient information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Required: Bachelor’s degree in a related area and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Preferred: Master’s degree in a related area (e.g. MS in Computer Science, MS in Computer Engineering, etc.).
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to visitors, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to think critically and objectively and unbiased. Quickly learn/adapt to healthcare industry standards, codes, data, and business practices.
Computer Skills & Programming Languages:
MS Office Productivity Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), SQL & Data Objects, C#, C++, Java, Android, iOS operating systems, other coding languages and software development tools, databases, and other various report writing tools.
Other Skills and Abilities:
High accuracy and extreme confidentiality is a MUST. Must be highly detail-oriented and possess a very high degree of organization
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee will have a combination of standing, sitting, bending and reaching. May work at a computer monitors for prolonged periods. The employee may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Title||Software Engineer|