Summary: This position is responsible for traveling to assigned offices and performing administrative tasks pertaining to beneficiaries aligned with practices. Ranges from contacting patients to administrative duties using the company’s proprietary software with the goal of supporting company initiatives and patient assignment. This job description may be edited at any time per the company’s needs, with relevant notice to the employee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate patient assignment project-based work by contacting and scheduling patients for appropriate visits.
- Assist practices to increase performance of annual wellness visits (Medicare patients) and annual physicals (commercial patients) as well as follow ups and any other medically necessary visits.
- Communicate with office staff to provide updates to relevant company teams pertaining to office workflow. Deliver reports to office staff as requested from company representatives.
- Use company software to track patients in the system and ensure proper outreach to beneficiaries.
- Contact and schedule patients for appropriate appointments for company participants.
- Develop rapport with patients, caregivers, physicians, and providers and deliver superior customer service.
- Utilize strategies / toolsets for more accurate, efficient, and engaging communication with patients, office staff and ACO teams as requested.
- Maintain assignment education and training documents / systems. Maintain patient engagement processes and systems.
- Remotely integrating practice EMRs with the company’s to transition into care coordination for our designated PAC team as needed.
- Submit file /documentation to office staff and relevant company teams as requested for reviewing, quality assurance checks, and other purposes.
- Collect office data representing practices’ performance with various patient care services and collect patient data for use through our eligibility system.
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials.
- Ensure validity of the reporting system, track patient logs within the software.
- Must abide to all HIPAA, Confidentiality and Privacy laws.
Education / Experience:
- Must have a minimum or pursuit of AA / Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years’ experience in a healthcare environment
- 1-2 years’ experience working with major EMR software
- (eClinical, Athena, PracticeFusion, etc.)
- 1-2 years of experience using Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products
- Bilingual preferred
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Superior customer service
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Keen judgment and decision-making ability
- High confidentiality awareness
- Knowledge of HIPAA: Legal and ethical consideration related to employee information
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Unrestricted driver’s license.
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Reliable transport
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee will have a combination of standing, sitting, bending, and reaching. May work at a computer monitors for prolonged periods. The employee may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Title||Patient Care Representative|