Home Forums COVID-19 Experience Testing

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Please contribute to this section your knowledge about COVID-19 testing.

What are your first steps?

Which facilities are nearby?

Rebeccs ProstkoRebeccs Prostko
    Participant

6:49 pm: Quest Diagnostics rolls out antibody testing for Covid-19
    New Jersey-based Quest Diagnostics announced they are now conducting antibody testing for Covid-19 using blood samples, a practice known as serology testing. Quest Diagnostics can conduct about 70,000 tests per day, and is looking to expand that capacity to 150,000 tests daily by early next month.
    The company is using serology testing platforms that were originally developed by Abbott and PerkinElmer’s Euroimmun diagnostics division but independently validated by Quest. Antibody testing has the potential to help healthcare professionals identify people who were infected with, but then developed an immune response, to the novel coronavirus.
    Quest Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer Jay G. Wohlgemuth said in a statement that antibody testing can also help doctors identify people who could contribute plasma to help treat those who are seriously ill from the coronavirus. 

Vincent ApicellaVincent Apicella
    Participant

I got my IgG test done today. I recommend a massive testing campaign by all practices to help gather data on those that may be have immunity.

Rebeccs ProstkoRebeccs Prostko
    Participant

Through quest? What was turnaround time? Cost? Agree with testing office staff.

Which test did you have, Abbott? Reliability sensitivity specificity ok for the procedure?

Also any notion of testing capacity? I have seen reports of a shortage of testing reagents and no excess manufacturing capacity.

Vincent ApicellaVincent Apicella
    Participant

Has anyone tried billing the Z code for COVID exposure? Is it getting reimbursed?

David KlebonisDavid Klebonis

Dr. A, can you please share the exact code you’re talking about?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.